A budget can help you crush your outstanding debt, sustain a better financial future, and even make you a happier person in the process. And best of all, setting up a budget is really not that hard. See if you can follow these steps:
- Get organised and take your time. It’s a good idea to set aside at least an hour before you begin planning a home budget
- Next, you need to add up your total income. This includes part-time, full time and seasonal income.
- Work out how much you’re spending, by creating a spending diary.
- Compare what’s coming in and going out
- Draw up a budget you can stick to.