In this qualification, you will cover higher accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance, as well as optional specialist units including business tax, personal tax, external auditing and credit management and cash and treasury management.
For full details of what you’ll learn read the qualification specification.
Achieve professional AAT Accountant status
If you successfully complete this qualification and fulfil our work experience requirements, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
This course includes the following units:
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems and Controls
- Professional Diploma Synoptic Assessment (The synoptic assessment will ask students to apply knowledge and skills gained across the qualification in an integrated way, within a workplace context. Scenarios will change over time to ensure the validity of the assessment)
- Personal Tax
- Business Tax
AAT Qualifications are recognised by employers as practical and technical qualifications that prepare students for the world of work and for working specifically in accountancy and finance roles.
Professional Diploma in Accounting can lead to employment as:
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Commercial Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Fixed Asset Accountant
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Payments and Billing Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Senior Finance Officer
- Senior Fund Accountant
- Senior Insolvency Administrator
- Tax Supervisor
- VAT Accountant
Upon successful completion, you can progress directly onto any of the professional level qualifications e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
For more information please contact: 020 8253 7062