We currently have 2 Vacancies for the role below:
Job Title: FINANCE APPRENTICE
Department: RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Division: CORPORATE RESOURCES
Hours (per week): 36
Reports to: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Role Purpose and Role Dimensions: As part of a finance team to provide an effective financial management and accounting service across the finance team. This may be as part of a departmental finance team or a corporate team.
To study towards and achieve a full apprenticeship in Intermediate Apprenticeship in Accounting (Level 2 Certificate in Accounting, Technical Certificate, Key Skills).
The post holder will be expected to participate in developing the financial information for departments through the use of the Oracle system and other financial tools.
Provide statistical, financial and other management information to support accountant, service managers and finance managers , as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages especially Excel and Word
Essential skills and abilities:
- Good communication skills with clear spoken and written English
- High level numeracy skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to study towards and achieving a full apprenticeship in Accounting (AAT)
- Able to deal professionally with enquires through phone and email
- Attention to detail and the ability to ensure that work produced is easy to understand and accurate
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team with a willingness to assist other team members / contacts, in order to achieve the desired outcomes, within the necessary timescales
- Able and willing to listen, learn and apply knowledge
- Demonstrate the ability to respect and maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Able to use initiative and prioritise own workload
Qualifications required: 5 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English